Home > Transfers > Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to Whistler, BC Transfers > Shuttle | Whistler Connection
Shuttle | Whistler Connection
Rates shown are one way and valid until 13 Oct 2020
Child (6 - 12)
Tot (3 - 5)
Infant (0 - 2)
The Whistler Shuttle resumed operation on June 24, 2020. For the protection of our guests, staff members and the local community, we have introduced a number of new measures to keep everyone safe. Click here to view our updated operational standards.
Efficient transport between Vancouver Airport and Whistler, departing when you need it.
Your shuttle from Vancouver Airport (YVR) to Whistler is scheduled around your flight arrival. Plus, our wait time guarantee means you will be away from YVR airport quickly or your money back.
Your flight is tracked by our team, so if it’s late you will not miss your shuttle to Whistler.
Door To Door Premium Service
You choose your destination in Whistler, we take you from the airport to your door.
If you book outside of 72 hours, we’ll make sure you have a seat.
Locally Owned & Operated
Based in Whistler, we welcome you to our beautiful home town.
Hours vary by seasonal demand. During winter service, we accept bookings for flight arrivals between 07:30 and 23:00 (11pm).
Wait Time Guarantee Details
(June 24, 2020 - October 13, 2020)
We offer a 1 hour maximum wait time guarantee for flights landing between 08:00 and 20:00.
Bookings made or changed within 72 hours of travel do not qualify for our maximum wait time guarantee.
Wait time starts when you check-in with our airport representative (after you clear customs and collect your luggage).
For full details be sure to check out the Whistler Shuttle website!
If you don't see your pickup or drop off location in the lists above, you can use enter and address, hotel name or postal/zip code into the search below to find the nearest option.
- Any local address
- Creekside Bus
- Gateway Loop
- Aava Hotel
- Adara Hotel
- Alpine Greens
- Arrowhead Point
- Blackcomb Greens
- Blackcomb Lodge (Gateway Loop)
- Blackcomb Springs
- Carleton Lodge
- Cascade Lodge
- Cedar Creek
- Crystal Lodge
- Crystal Ridge
- Delta Village Suites
- Embarc Whistler
- Executive Inn
- Fairmont Chateau
- First Tracks Lodge
- Forest Creek
- Forest Trails
- Four Seasons
- Glacier Lodge
- Glacier's Reach
- Gleneagle Condos
- Granite Court
- Hearthstone Lodge (Gateway Loop)
- Horstman House
- Lake Placid Lodge
- Le Chamois
- Lost Lake Lodge
- Market Pavilion
- Marketplace Lodge
- Mountain Star
- Mountainside Lodge
- Nita Lake Lodge
- Painted Cliff
- Pan Pacific Mountainside
- Pan Pacific Village
- Pangea Pod Hotel
- Pinnacle Hotel
- Snowy Creek
- Stoney Creek Northstar
- Summit Lodge
- Sundial Hotel
- Tantalus Lodge
- Telemark Place
- Town Plaza Suites
- Twin Peaks
- Tyndall Stone Lodge
- Villas Foxglove
- Villas Snowberry
- Villas Wintergreen
- Westin Resort
- Whistler Peak Lodge
- Whistler Resort & Club
- Whistler Village Inns
Required: Vancouver Airport (YVR) to Whistler
The following items are required and will added to your invoice at checkout time:
Guaranteed Transfer Deposit | $75.00 CAD | Per Trip
This charge applies when only one passenger is travelling as this service has a two passenger minimum. Refundable subject to conditions
Trip Options: Vancouver Airport (YVR) to Whistler
The following items are optional and can be selected at time of booking:
"Other Locations" Dropoff Service Per Trip | $25.00 CAD | Per Trip
The base rate is good for dropoff at the locations listed on the information page and in the booking form under "Dropoff Locations". This charge applies if you have selected a personalized dropoff location.
Bicycle (must in a bike bag/box) | $15.00 CAD | Per Additional Item
Maximum of 1 bicycle per passenger. Bicycles must be boxed
Condo Check-In Service | $25.00 CAD | Per Trip
Key pickup and off-site checkin are *NOT* included in the base shuttle price. Many Rental Units Do Not Have Front Desks or On-Site Check-In Service. If you are renting accomodation, there is a good chance that you need to go to an off-site location for check-in and/or key pickup before proceeding to your final destination. If in doubt, please check your rental agreement or contact the property manager.
Getting from Vancouver Airport (YVR) to Whistler
|Start Point||Vancouver International Airport (YVR)|
|End Point||Whistler, BC|
|Return Route||Whistler, BC to Vancouver International Airport (YVR)|
|Estimated Travel time||02:10|
|Transfer||Capacity||Price / Trip|
|Taxi||2||$340.00 CAD||More Info Book Now >|
|Luxury Sedan||3||$350.00 CAD||More Info Book Now >|
|Luxury SUV||5||$400.00 CAD||More Info Book Now >|
|10 Passenger Van||10||$425.00 CAD||More Info Book Now >|
|Luxury 11 Passenger Van||11||$450.00 CAD||More Info Book Now >|
|Stretch Limousine (Limo)||6||$525.00 CAD||More Info Book Now >|
|Luxury Stretch SUV (10)||10||$600.00 CAD||More Info Book Now >|
|Mini Bus Charter||18||$675.00 CAD||More Info Book Now >|
|Private Motorcoach||41||$1 200.00 CAD||More Info Book Now >|
|56 Passenger Highway Coach||45||$1 300.00 CAD||More Info Book Now >|
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I book in the airport?
Yes. You can book from anywhere by phone or online. Bookings within 72 hours of travel are subject to availability and do not qualify for our wait time guarantee. If you are in Vancouver Airport and you need help, our team will be happy to assist. Just ask at the information desk or call 1-866-923-0516. The staff at the YVR airport information desk can call through for you if you find that your cell phone doesn't work in Canada.
Can you stop on the way at a grocery store/liquor store/dispensary?
No, our service is designed to have a limited number of stops en route. Stops are available on private services. If you wish to pick up any kind of “supplies” on your way to Whistler, Squamish is the most convenient option.
I'm not arriving on a flight. Can I still take the shuttle from the airport?
Yes. We call this a 'walk-on' booking and can be made online or over the phone. To book online, uncheck the box 'I am arriving on a flight' and select your requested departure time. Availability is guaranteed if you book more than 72 hours in advance of travel. Typically your shuttle will leave within about 30 minutes of your requested time. Bookings within 72 hours of travel are subject to availability and do not qualify for our wait time guarantee. Within 72 hours, please call for availability To reach our representative, go to the information desk at YVR Airport International Arrivals and ask for Whistler Connection. Alternatively, call +1 (604) 418-2448.
My confirmation email says my time has been adjusted - why can't you pick me up at my requested time?
The departure time that you select at reservation will be the time that the service leaves the centre of Whistler. To ensure that the shuttle leaves Whistler on time, your individual pick-up time will be adjusted depending on where your accommodation is located.
What happens if my flight is delayed?
Your flight is tracked by our airport dispatch team. If your flight number is changed, please let us know. If your flight arrival is delayed no later than 23:00 during our winter service or 20:00 in spring, summer or fall, we will ensure you still get to Whistler that day. If your flight is delayed later than 23:00 during our winter service or 20:00 in spring, summer or fall, we will provide service on the next available shuttle to Whistler on the following day.
What is the last pick-up location in Whistler to make sure I do not have to drive around picking up other passengers?
Your shuttle has a unique route, planned as the most efficient option for you and the other passengers on your vehicle. We offer a wide range of pick-up locations for you to choose from. The last pick-up location in Whistler will most likely be the southernmost pick-up location required for passengers on your vehicle.
What time will I arrive in Whistler if I land at XX:XX?
We cannot guarantee an arrival time in Whistler based on your flight arrival time at Vancouver Airport because there are a significant number of variables outside of our control regarding your overall journey. For example:
- Flight Delays
- Customs & Immigration Delays
- Luggage Problems
- Road & Traffic Conditions
Typically, the journey between Vancouver Airport and Whistler takes around 3 hours.
Where do I meet the shuttle at the airport?
You will be greeted by your Whistler Shuttle representative in the airport after you have collected your luggage. If you miss your representative and need to find them, go to the information desk at YVR Airport International Arrivals and ask for Whistler Connection. Alternatively, call +1 (604) 418-2448. Our main desk is located in a secure area near the information desk in international arrivals. For a video explaining the process, click here.
Q. Are there washrooms onboard?
- No, our vehicles do not have an onboard washroom. If you would like a comfort break, please ask your driver. Stops are made by request and only when safe to do so.
Q. Can I be dropped off/picked up at an airport hotel?
- No, our service goes to and from Vancouver Airport and does not service airport hotels. Many airport hotels will offer a complimentary service to get you to/from the terminal so be sure to check with your hotel to arrange this.
Q. Can I be picked up from the airport but dropped off in downtown Vancouver on my return trip?
- Yes, many of our guests choose to enjoy a few days in Vancouver before or after their Whistler vacation. Our advanced booking form will allow you to book two or more trips with different start and end locations.
Q. Can you guarantee that I will make my flight?
- No, we do not offer this guarantee.
We recommend leaving Whistler at least 5 hours before your flight is scheduled for take-off.
This is because:
- There is only one highway connecting Whistler and Vancouver, so delays are unavoidable during extreme weather or if there is a traffic incident.
- The route to the airport goes through downtown Vancouver, which can be slow due to city traffic.
Q. Do I have to book in advance?
- Yes. Availability is guaranteed if you book more than 72 hours in advance of travel. Bookings within 72 hours of travel are subject to availability and do not qualify for our wait time guarantee. Within 72 hours, please call for availability.
Q. Do I need to bring a car seat for young children?
- Car seats are required in our smaller vehicles and we will work with you to accommodate your needs. In larger vehicles car seats are not a legal requirement. You are welcome to bring your own but please note that the seat belts in these vehicles may not be compatible with your car seat. Due to the nature of our service we cannot guarantee the type of vehicle that you will be riding in. We advise booking a private transfer if you want to be certain that your child will be able to use a car seat.
Q. Do your shuttles have wifi?
- No, our vehicles do not have wifi. Though we are aware that some companies do advertise onboard wifi, in reality the cell data coverage is not consistent up the Sea to Sky highway, often resulting in an intermittent and frustrating experience. Try to think of it as the perfect excuse to switch off, ignore your emails and just enjoy the view.
Q. How long is the drive from Vancouver International Airport to Whistler?
- The drive is approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes long under normal traffic and weather conditions. However, the trip can be longer if its snowing, if you're traveling through Vancouver during rush hour, or on the weekends. You can minimize your travel time by scheduling your flight arrival/departure times with these factors in mind.
Q. How much luggage can I bring?
- 2 checked bags and 1 small piece of carry-on and a ski or golf bag are included. Please contact us if you plan to travel with more than this. We follow the guidelines laid out by Worksafe BC for safe manual handling procedures. For the safety of our team members, the weight limit for individual items is limited to a maximum of 32 kg and size is limited to a maximum of 158cm linear dimensions.
Q. Is there an extra charge for bikes and other sports equipment?
- 2 checked bags and 1 small piece of carry-on and a ski or golf bag are included. Bagged/boxed bikes are permitted during our spring, summer and fall schedules, provided they are booked in advance. There is an additional fee for each bike, applied during the booking process. All sports equipment must be declared at the time of booking so that we can ensure space in the vehicle.
Q. My Vancouver hotel isn't listed as one of your locations - can I pay to be picked up/dropped off at my door?
- No, we do not offer personalised pick-up or drop-off in Vancouver on our shared shuttle service because of the size of the city. We do offer a range of pick-up/drop-off locations and encourage you to choose one that best suits your needs. Our handy location finder tool (under the 'Pickup/Dropoff Locations' menu) allows you to find the closest available pick-up/drop-off location for our service. If you require transport directly to/from a Vancouver location not listed, we recommend booking a private charter. You can see a list of all of our vehicle options here.
Q. What time will my shuttle leave the airport?
- If you booked your shuttle more than 72 hours from travel, your are eligible for our maximum wait time guarantee. Wait time starts when you check-in with our airport representative (after you clear customs and collect your luggage).
Q. What type of vehicle will I ride in?
- You may be in a van, a minibus or a motor coach. Vehicle type depends on the volume of passengers arriving on the day.
Q. Will my shuttle be cancelled if the weather is very bad?
- No, poor weather is common in Beautiful British Columbia and our service operates daily, rain or shine. Our vehicles are equipped with tires suitable for the season and our drivers are experienced. Weather conditions may affect travel times.
If you have a question about our services that you cannot find the answer to, please get in touch by any of the following:
+1 (866) 943 0516 (North America)
+1 (604) 639 5050 (International)
+44 (20) 3807 1372 (United Kingdom)
+61 (2) 8518 1297 (Australia)
Our customer support team is online 8am - 9pm Pacific Time.